Background

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Birthday Gifts



So my birthday was a little short on gifts. Mostly because I had to work that week and there was just not time to take me shopping. So what I got was a bag of chocolate kisses and a check for $50.

This is what I spent the check on.
Most of the yarn was on the summer sale on Webs.

The orange bulky wool (looks red in the picture but its actually a burnt orange) I plan on trying my hand at a pair of felted slippers.

The Eden bamboo I was planing on making a couple of shrugs with, but I misjudged the amount of yarn in each ball. You can't do the same thing with 50 grams of bamboo that you can with 50 grams of lace weight wool.


I was given a pattern by a good friend of mine for a graduation gift and I have been looking for the perfect yarn to make it with. This is what I found, and I hope that I got enough. Hopefully if I have to get more it will be okay if I don't have the same dye lot because the yarn is already variegated.

No comments: