Background

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Work V. School

I have resigned from my job. I like the word resigned better than quit, because it was not that I disliked the job, but because I had other things that needed seeing to. After just over a year of working in the Kroger bakery I decided that I need more time to finish my school work and college searching.
The changing weekly schedule at work made it very difficult for me to get into any steady pattern with school, and with me that means that nothing of very much significance gets done. Just in these last two days I have managed to get done twice as much as I normally do in a week. Let us pray that I can keep it up.
We had just gotten new management also. Not fun, we will leave it at that. So in some ways I'm not sorry to have left. But I will miss working with some of the people there. They even threw me a little going away party, and asked me to keep in touch.
To keep from going completely mad with books and computers, I have agreed to watch some neighbor kids for about 45 minuets one day a week, in the space between when their Dad goes to school and Mom gets home from work. The oldest girl I have been giving some sewing lessons to. There is also a thrift store near by that I can volunteer at, I can set my own hours and still keep up the almighty job experience.
The plan is to be done with my school work by the time we leave for Oregon. I hope to start at college by the fall semester. But there is a lot for me to do from now 'till then. Most especially to decide where to go. I was kind of hoping to have some time to get to know my new siblings by staying, and going to school here as long as I could but I think that it might just be easier if I move out and go to one of the others I was looking at and make more room in the house.

No comments: