Background

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Car Crunch and Florida Vacation

June 13, the last day of class. On my way to the school in the morning I did this to my poor car. I rear ended the guy in front of me as we both stopped short for a red light.

Thank goodness for insurance, we (parents) only had to cover $500 of the $3499 repair costs. And I (me) have a $115 citation. Ouch.

I thank the Lord though that no one was hurt and that I had friends near by who could pick me up and help get everything worked out. I picked up the car today. I'm very glad to have it back. It looks great but I think that my driving habits will need some work.

Despite the loss of my car I was able to still make it to Florida for the convocation. I drove down with my land lord who was also going. Originally I was planing on rooming with two other ladies (one of whom I know) and a little boy (the son of the other lady). However, when I got to the hotel I was directed to room with another lady who had an empty bed. I would have been happy enough with a place on the floor, or sharing a bed in a room with a bunch of other younglings. But I ended up with a bed to myself and a single room mate. It was very nice.


CEC for Life abortion protest. We where out there at 8:30ish in the morning and it was still warm.


Another lovely factor to the trip is I got to see Jon-Paul again. He is stationed very close by. He had to work in the mornings but was able to join me for the evening servises. The girl with him is the only other girl that came from my church. She was very exited to see Jon as well. You can tell he lives in Florida, look at how brown he is.

2 comments:

SenoraSabrosita said...

I really wish we could have spent some more time together at convo. Hope you have fun with the fmaily in July. Jon is pretty tan but I think you got some sun too!

Nephew said...

Yes, I did get a bit of brown myself. Luckely I didn't burn to get it either.