Background

Monday, October 5, 2009

My New Baby

Meet my new baby. Some friends of ours had a brand new sewing machine that they didn't use and they somehow found out that I didn't have one of my own. (My serger is my own but the sewing machine I used was my Dads.) So they decided to give it to me, along with a box of threads and pins etc. everything you would need to start sewing.







They also gave me a standing embroidery frame that they had been trying to get rid of for some time. I always thought it would be cool to have one but they are so big, and they don't work well with small projects, so it was not worth the cost to buy one. The only hitch to this one was it was not put together and it had no instructions, only a picture to work from. I took me all of 2 minuets to put together.

This project is one I have been working with off and on for some time. It's slow going due it its complexity, but with a large frame like this I can use both hands so it should come faster. :)


No comments: