Background

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Flower Petals or Fish Tails?

This pattern is called Flower Petal Shawl but the pattern repeat is called Fish Tail Lace. I have seen a lot of flowers in my time and I can't say that any of them looked like a fish tail but there you go. It's really quick to knit up and after the first few rows I didn't even have to look at the pattern. However it does take a gobbzillion pins to block out, and several of my pins bent themselves for the cause.

It's acrylic yarn, and not terribly soft, but it is still pretty. I used a strand of dark blue and a strand of hunter green held together, it gives it a lot of color dimension.

This shawl will be a christmas gift for a friend of mine. I don't think she even knows about my blog which is why I can post this now.




No comments: