Background

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Costumes

Our church threw a All Saints Eve party, and we were there with hair curlers in. Haha. Well, I had hair curlers in anyway.

Naomi was originally planing to go as little red riding hood, until I found a pair of lime green, fish net stocking on clearance in Wal-mart. I also happened to have just enough lime green fabric to make her a pair of longish shorts and a vest. Don't ask me why I got such a crazy color fabric, but I did and it turned out for the best. So she went as a frog princess. Mom embroidered cat tails on the vest and a frog sitting on a lily pad on the pants.

Naomi went trick-or-treating with a friend and not to the party with us.



Jon-Paul made a cross out of some scrap lumber we had, borrowed an alb and my purple bath robe, put a wreath on his head, and went as Jesus. He painted on a beard with some of my mascara. He doesn't look to bad with a beard, if he does say so himself.

He won the costume contest for the adults. The prize was a 20 gift card for Wal-mart. I of course thought that mine was the best but there is just no competing with Jesus.



Originally I planed on going in my PJ's and calling it a day. Then I got the idea to put my hair up in pink curlers too. A martini happened to work its way in at about that time. Then I searched through my moms make up and found blue eye shadow and the reddest lipstick I could stand. I was transformed into a 50's housewife, or as Fr. Epps put it, a once desperate housewife who had just given up.



Here we have us in the costume contest, with none of us looking at the camera.

1 comment:

SenoraSabrosita said...

Sounds like you guys had lots of fun. Great costumes!