Background

Monday, May 26, 2008

Learning to fly

The bird eggs on our porch are now all hatched growing up and learning how to fly. They have left the nest and you can see them now and again in the front lawn flapping their wings and taking little hops and short flights, with mom and dad close by. We know that at least three babies of the five eggs made it out of the nest. It makes me think that it won't be long before I leave the nest myself.

Jon Paul and I have been baby sitting for the church on Sunday after noons for the last twelve weeks or so, for a financial class they have been giving. Last Sunday was my last day for doing it, and it was just me because Jon Paul is at JROTC leadership camp. It was nice to get some extra money but I am soooooo glad to have my Sunday afternoons back to myself. It was also cutting into youth group time, so I was always a little late to youth.

No comments: