Background

Monday, May 26, 2008

Narnia: Prince Caspian

Last Sunday Christ the King youth group had a pizza party and went out to see The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. It was fun, other than I was late for the pizza and they had to save some for me.

The movie was good, but the first one was better, and the book was better still. They put in a lot of theater drama (tension between Peter and Caspian and a half romance between Caspian and Susan. Now it has been a while sense I have read the book but I don't remember anything like that) and it really took away from the point of Lewis's story. I suggest that if you are going to see the movie and have not read the book, to see the movie first and then read the book, save the best for last and you won't be disappointed. If you have read the book just read it again and save yourself the $7.50 for a ticket. If your youth group wants to go, go for it, its an ok movie and its fun to hangout with your friends, just be careful how much popcorn and candy you eat.

If you will excuse me I am going to go read Prince Caspian again, just to see what I missed and what I got wrong, just as soon as I find what I did with the book.

P.S
Happy memorial day. Take a moment to pray for the U.S Army, Navy, Air force, and Marine men and women who have served, fought and some who have died for their country, and the families who stand behind them.

No comments: